Still dealing with the flu for after a week, I sincerely hope all of you are feeling much better than I.
Yesterday was Valentine's Day here, & I hope you all had a wonderful celebration.
Our Valentine's Day. started at 4 a.m., since my husband had to be at University of Pittsburgh Center Presbyterian-Shadyside Hospital by 6:30 for a 7:30 a.m. colonoscopy (which I highly recommend everyone have, as many of you already know about my husband's best man dying 3 days before we were scheduled to be married, died of colon cancer).
The drive, which normally takes 45 minutes, took us 75 minutes, with 15 minutes just to scrape off the ice from the car windshield.
Dr. McGrath was really wonderful, and after 55 minutes of examining my husband, let us know that he was able to examine 98% of my husband's colon, since he could not get to the other 2 percent, because my husband has what is known as a "floppy colon". My husband and I had never heard of afloppy colon before, so we looked it up on the internet. Turns out that a floppy colon is a birth defect that usually does not show up until later. The colon is not firmly attached to the abdomenal wall, so it can "flop" or twist.
My husband joked that he was going to ask Dr. McGrath if he (my husband) would get flowers afterwards (since it was Valentine's day & he was having the procedure done).
That afternoon, my husband was feeling terrific, while I was miserable with chest congestion, sinus congestion, sore throat, 101.1 degree fever. So my husband cooked me a Valentine's Day dinner of steak, baked potato, fried corn balls.
O.K....now on to politics like I promised last post...
I have noticed that many Republicans already concider McCain the Republican primary winner, so they have/are registering Democratic, so they can make sure their issues have the best chance of winning. I honestly believe that this is why there is a sudden surge in new people registering Democrat & voting for OBama. Quite simply, between OBama & Clinton, I honestly believe that McCain has the better chance of beating OBama.
Now, about Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton:
According to Clinton's campaign site at http://facts.hillaryhub.com/, Clinton accuses OBama of making false remarks about her, and gives her point of view.
According to Project Vote Smart at http://www.votesmart.org/bio.php?can_id=55463, here is information on Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton:
Current Office: U.S. Senate
Current District: Junior Seat
Office Seeking: President
First Elected: 2000
Last Elected: 11/07/2006
Next Election: 2012
- Husband: William
- 1 Child: Chelsea.
Birth Date: 10/26/1947
Birthplace: Chicago, IL
Home City: Chappaqua, NY
- JD, Yale University, 1973
- BA, Wellesley College, 1969.
- Attorney, Rose Law Firm, 1976-1992
- Faculty, University of Arkansas Law School, 1975
- Former Staff Attorney, Children's Defense Fund.
- Candidate, United States President, 2008
- Senator, United States Senate, 2000-present
- First Lady, President Bill Clinton, 1992-2000
- First Lady, State of Arkansas, 1978-1980, 1982-1992.
- Co-Founder, Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families
- Board Member, Arkansas Children's Hospital
- Board Member, Children's Defense Fund
- Board Member, La Farge
- Board Member, The Country's Best Yogurt Company
- Board Member, Wal-Mart.
- American Bar Association's Commission on Women in the Profession
- Chair, Arkansas Educational Standards Committee
- Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe
- Co-Chair, Congressional E-911 Caucus
- Democratic Policy Committee
- Democratic Technology and Communications Committee
- Board Member, Legal Services Corporation
- Senate National Guard Caucus
- Senate Rural Health CaucusSenate Steel Caucus
- Chair, Steering and Coordination Committee
- Chair, Task Force of National Health Care Reform.
- Armed Services, Member
- Environment & Public Works, Member
- Health, Education, Labor & Pensions, Member
- Special Committee on Aging, Member
- Subcommittee On Readiness and Management Support, Member
- Subcommittee on Airland, Member
- Subcommittee on Clean Air and Nuclear Safety, Member
- Subcommittee on Emerging Threats and Capabilities, Member
- Subcommittee on Superfund and Environmental Health, Chair
- Subcommittee on Transportation and Infrastructure, Member