10 May 2007

Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day










Having been a military wife myself, I know first hand that it is not the easiest life to live. So I want to let military spouses know they are appreciated on Military Spouse Appreciation Day, which is May 11th.


There is a particular military spouse I would like to acknowledge: my mom.


Being married now to a non-military man, I know I come first in his life. I know that no matter what happens, he will be there for me, that he will always "have my back".


In military life, the enlisted person puts his/her job first, and "has the back" of the people with which he/she serves. The spouse is expected to "hold down the fort" while the military person is doing his/her duty.


With moving every 2 to 4 years, it is difficult for the military spouse to have a career, as their lives are centered around the military career.


Military spouses make a lot of personal sacrifies, but rarely receive any medals for their valor.


So here is a medal for military spouses:




2 comments:

  1. Your mother must be a strong woman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee, I have yet to meet a military spouse who does not have some kind of inner strength.

    ReplyDelete