Care2 Connect - Personal Messages:
1. Lebanon has 18 religious communities living together **
2. It has 40 daily independant newspapers
3. It has 42 universities
4. It has over 100 banks (that is banks and not branches of a bank)
5. 70% of the students are in private schools.
6. 40% of the Lebanese people are Christians (this is the highest percent in an Arab country)
7. There's 1 doctor per 10 people in Lebanon (In Europe & America there's 1 doctor per 100 people)
8. The name LEBANON appears 75 times in the Old Testament
9. The name CEDAR (the tree which is Lebanon's symbol) appears 75 times too in the Old
10. Beirut was destroyed and rebuilt 7 times (this is why it's compared to The Phoenix).
11. There are around 13.5 Million Lebanese 3.5 in Lebanon around 10 Million Lebanese outside Lebanon.
MORE INTERESTING FACTS
1. Byblos (city in Lebanon) is the oldest, continuously living city in
2. Lebanon's name has been around for 4,000 yrs non- stop (it's the oldest
country/ nation's name in the world!)
3. Lebanon is the only Asian country that doesn't have any desert land.
4. There are 15 rivers in Lebanon (all of them coming from its own
5. Lebanon is one of the most populated countries in its archeological
sites, in the world.
6. The first alphabet was created in Byblos (city in Lebanon)
7. The only remaining temple of Jupiter (the main Roman god) is in
Baalbeck, Lebanon (The City of the Sun)
8. The name of BYBLOS comes from the BIBLE!!!
9. Lebanon is the country that has the most books written about it.
10. The Phoenicians (Original People of Lebanon) built the 1st boat, and
they were the first to sail ever!
11. Phoenicians also reached America long before Christopher Columbus did.
12. The 1st LAW school in the world was built in Lebanon, in Downtown
And it is meant to be destroyed... a country with such history