26 August 2005

Good Morning World

Yay! John got home from North Carolina yesterday. I went to Uniontown to pick him up. I saw a co-worker of John's and talked to him. He is a really great guy. He told me that John had to go back on the road today. John confirmed it when he came out. This morning at 3:50 a.m. the alarm went off. At 4:40 a.m., John and I were on our way to the Eaten Park in New Stanton where we met one of John's co-workers was waiting for John with the company van at 4:58 a.m.. I got out of the car for fresh air and watched them drive away heading north to meet up with 2 more co-workers before heading west for their 4 hour drive into Ohio.

I needed caffeine. So I went into Eaten Park restaurant and waited for where the sign said "Wait to be seated". A nice waitress with a smile seated me in the none smoking section in the corner facing a nice older couple. Everyone else was in the smoking section. Waitresses asked me if I knew what I wanted to drink where I immediately replied,"Coffee with extra lead." She brought back an 8 oz. coffee cup with black liquid energy inside. I tasted it, and then added a packet of Sweet N Low and a liquid packet of creamer. On my second cup, I decided on Strawberry waffle. It is something I would never make for myself at home.

At 6 a.m. I was back home. Rusty ran to the door. Moocher squinted hello at the top of the stairs. Ashley was asleep on the condo, so I went and petted her while she purred. Then Rusty came in crying that I was neglecting him.

Right now, Ashley is with me eating Ruffles Sour Cream & Onion potato chips that John brought back with him. Earlier, she asked me for food, so I opened her a can, and sure enough, there was Moocher blocking her from the food dish. So Ashley just walked away. Moocher had just eaten an hour earlier.

Since I did not want to disturb the people downstairs so early, I just watched TV in bed clicking between ABC, CBS, NBC local news stations. They all pretty much said the same thing. It is suppose to rain all weekend, and the Hurricane is suppose to hit here Wednesday if it stays on track. Fine with me. The lawn needs the rain.

Hopefully, John will be home in time for Sci-Fi night. I will probably have to tape the first shows for him...Fire Fly; Stargate SG-1; Stargate Atlantis; Battlestar Galactica. I can honestly say that they are probably the best shows on television now. Definitely better than these reality shows for voyours. Far too much like the chapter in Fahrenheit 451 where the main character's wife is in front of the television watching these people on screen living their lives and the wife interacts with them like they are her own family. We have gotten so much into watching other people live their lives that many Americans have forgotten how to live their own. And the villain in this is an English immigrant who started the reality TV wave with the show Survivor. I guess the English could not defeat us in the Revolutionary War, defeat us in the War of 1812, divide us by encouraging the South to secede from the Union in the Civil War...so they send over a man to destroy us by wiping out our minds through reality TV. Great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment