21 January 2005

Earthdate 21012005...

This morning, while giving Rusty his allergy medicine, I watched the Today show and saw Conservative Christian groups complain about a web site that endorses tolerance. These same Christians whould have criticised Christ also since it was Jesus who said, "Judge not lest ye be judged." And when Jesus and his followers happened upon a prostitute being stoned to death, Christ turned to his followers and picked up a stone and said, "who among you without sin shall cast the first stone," meaning we have no right to throw stones at others when we ourselves are not perfect. These conservative Christian groups have completely forgotten what it means it be Christian and are just as bad if not worse than other extreme religious groups we call terrorists. Christ was about teaching tolerance and love, and to be Christian means to be as Christ, which means being tolerant.

I got this from http://www.wearefamilyfoundation.org :

The We Are Family Foundation is pleased to provide Tolerance.org's Declaration
of Tolerance, part of the Southern Poverty Law Center's National Campaign for Tolerance

Tolerance is a personal decision that comes from a belief that every person is a treasure. I believe that America's diversity is its strength. I also recognize
that ignorance, insensitivity and bigotry can turn that diversity into asource
of prejudice and discrimination. To help keep diversity a wellspring of
strength and make America a better place for all, I pledge to have respect
for people whose abilities, beliefs, culture, race, sexual identity or other characteristics are different from my own.


Now, this pledge is what Christ preached, and is in accordinace with Christ, so how can it be anti-Christian. It is rediculious. It is a pledge I have taken as a Christian, and a pledge I believe every person should take.

Now on to my day yesterday...

Vikki from my health insurance company called. Great news. They are going to cover my infertility...yay!!! And they are going to cover my eye appt. with Dr. Hertle. So that was really good news. Plus, my husband can get refills on his prescriptions without prior authorization. So I am back on my diet...along with the cats.

We took the cats to the vet yesterday. Rusty is now on allergy medicine, and the cats have to lose weight. We were told that we seriously need to cut back on the number of cans of catfood we give them, and we have to start measuring out the dry food we give them. Plus, they gave us some diet kibble for them to switch off their pro-plan. Ashley is 11 lbs plus, Moocher is 12 lbs plus, Rusty is 15 lbs plus. Now that they are indoor cats, they do not need all their shots as often according to the vet. We do not have to put Top Spot on them any more because there is no worry about them going out and getting fleas. Rusty and Ashley got their Rabies shots and Moocher is due for them in November. They all got their feline leukemia shots. On the way to the vet, they were all protesting loudly. Going back home, they were quiet. Moocher is here with me now...for anyone who does not have any cats, I seriously recommend adopting one. These three that we have absolutely enrich our lives in ways we could not imagine before. They are our babies.



No comments:

Post a Comment